Monday, August 11, 2008

Delicious Dinner

Last night Lane and I had one of our first delicious dinners that we actually cooked for ourselves. Up until now, we've had the pleasure of dining on my mom's fantastic dishes.

We had garlic and rosemary roasted red potatoes, grilled steaks with bleu cheese parsley butter and a mushroom onion wine sauce, and a spinach salad with raspberries, blueberries, goat cheese and honeyed pecans and walnuts. The best part of all was that Lane was the dinner chef. I'm so proud of him! I put together the salad, but who am I kidding - he toasted and candied the nuts and made the homemade salad dressing.

Yay for Lane (and me too)!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This is truly amazing! And what did Gabriela do the whole time you were cooking and eating? Did she sleep? I remember having to take turns holding Wes while one of us ate dinner. I've been thinking about you and baby Gabriela. Wes and I would love to meet her. Could we just stop by?
~Sarah

kljackson15 said...

I'm impressed! And hungry....