Monday, August 18, 2008

What a Week

Last week was quite an adventure. Gabriela must have been going through the 3 week old growth spurt. She was *starving* every half hour or so, and each time she'd nurse it was for like 25 or 30 minutes instead of the normal 5 or 10. This led me to have no time to do things like brush my teeth, or eat a meal without someone screaming in the background. It was also accompanied by a massive blow out diaper change, being spit up upon right down my boobs, as well as some projectile spit up that required us both to bathe. Some delightful firsts :) I took a step back to be grateful that it was just like this for a few days, and that every day wasn't like this.

We also had a fabulous adventure at the DMV. After waiting for at least an hour (with a very well behaved and sleeping baby), it was finally our turn. The lady complimented me on my lovely license picture and then told me it was too bad I had to retake the picture today (clearly a commentary on my appearance that day). Here I was, with my hair barely pulled out of my face and completely not ready for a photo that would be on my license until 2016. Then she told me I couldn't renew my (expired) license without my passport, which I of course didn't have with me. So, we got in the car where I fed a starving baby, and then proceeded to torture her by putting her in her carseat. Gabriela totally freaked out and screamed hysterically until she fell asleep. We got home, got the passport, got back in the car, where she relived the wrath of her mother again in that wretched carseat. We waited about an hour for my new license, got back in the car, and AGAIN Gabriela cried her little heart out. Gabriela hardly cries, so it's really upsetting to hear her scream at the top of her lungs (while driving on the highway)and not be able to do anything about it. She probably thought I abandoned her or something. Thankfully, she got over it.

Some highlights of the week though were visiting with some of our friends, Lane and I took Gabriela out for $4 burgers where she was just a doll and didn't even make a peep, and watching Lane read books to his little angel. So sweet.

This week is already off to a better start. Last night, Gabriela woke up at 11pm (we were still awake) and 3 am, and not again until 8am. The previous night she slept 6 hours in a row!! And we had a very nice morning walk today.

p.s. I TOTALLY lied about my weight on my DMV paperwork, I admit it. I know I'm not done losing my pregnancy weight yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw...baby puke down your front?! and then the lady at the dmv talking crap!? that's really sucky.

i think you look great all the time, mama.

pisceanblue said...

Hang in there!! It is all worth it!