Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Christmas Recovery!







Finally, we are all feeling mostly better! We seriously have been sick ever since Thanksgiving. No gracias. I did nearly all my Christmas tasks that couldn't be done earlier because we were sickies. We sent our Christmas cards out on Monday, listened to Christmas music all day long, finished our shopping before the big day (though some gifts are arriving late), and we had a delicious meal.

Feeling remorseful for my lack of pre-holiday planning, I decided to pull out all the stops for Christmas. We made cinnamon rolls this morning for breakfast, had carnitas for dinner, and, for the grand finale, I did it. I finally decided to make tamales without my mom around to supervise. I decided to do it because, after all, that's what moms do at Christmas time in my family, and now I'm a mom. I am here to report that it was a great success.


I was also ready to make some cookies, but decided not to since we received a delightful Harry & David Tower of Treats from Lane's parents with all kinds of sweet goodies.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow, I am so impressed. You did it is right, and then some. Lucky to have such a great sous chef. Thanks, Lane, for being such a good husband and daddy. It warms my heart to see you so happy.