Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Things I should be doing instead of being a total sicky

1. Sending out the holiday cards. You know, those ones I had shipped to myself in October. The ones that I made labels for months ago??

2. Christmas shopping, it's only about half way done. And I have to ship almost everything across the country.

3. Making Christmas cookies - the ones I call Mexican Wedding Cakes, that Lane calls Russian Tea Cakes that Sunset Magazine calls Louisiana Pecan Balls. They are so tasty, everyone wants to take credit and ginger cookies and all those other tasty goodies. But all I want to eat is chicken soup. Besides, who wants germy cookies??!?!

4. Playing holiday music. I Love, Love, LOVE Christmas carols and haven't gotten my dose yet this season. But right now I just love quiet.

5. Planning a Christmas Menu - complete with over the top delicious breakfast and equally fantastic dinner. Last year I made citrus french toast sandwiched together with Goat Cheese and a strawberry topping. It was divine.

6. I was even toying with the idea of having a little get together here. uh. THAT's not going to happen.

Okay, sorry for all the complaining. Can you tell I'm upset about this nasty cold/infection/germ-fest 2008?

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Hope you're feeling better!!!

Adrienne said...

I hear 'ya!

We had our pics taken last month and our cards printed two weeks ago and I only just managed to get them out today. Not even all of them, at that.

And Gabriella's gift...bought the supplies in the summer...started over Thanksgiving...and was going to finish it this week but now I'm sick. Boo Hoo!!! Nowhere near as bad as you but still. Don't really feel like crafting plus I feel like I'd be working icky sick germs in. Bleh!

So...I might be shopping and shipping instead! Anything you can think of that the little sweetheart might enjoy???

Love you...glad you're feeling a bit better...