Sunday, May 31, 2009

More on the Ranch, plus my latest project...



All in all, it was a fabulous time and a great way for Lane to spend his birthday. The boys did manly things together like building a horseshoe pit and shooting guns, and golfing. The whole Grover crew spent lots of time together by the "camp fire" eating delicious Auntie Ann baked goodies, and the daughters-in-law went on some excursions to thrift and fabric stores.

Now I just went along for the ride to the fabric store. What do I need to do there!?!?!?!? I only discovered recently that I'm a teeny bit crafty. Well, I saw the most darling little girl quilt ever! I just about died when I saw it. It's just too bad I don't know how to quilt right? Or that I've never sewn anything before in my life, or own a sewing machine, or even know someone who owns a sewing maching. But did this stop me from buying all the material and pattern to make this quilt?!?!?! no.

People, I decided if I can make a scarf, why can't I make a quilt? I figure I have time. Gabriela doesn't even have a bed, let alone a bedroom, right? 02122222 (that was Gabriela's contribution to today's blog)

How would you have been able to resist these patterns?!?!? Wish me luck, cos I'm gonna need it!!!


4 comments:

Mom Grover said...

You're not going to need luck as much as you are going to need a sewing machine!!!!
You will be fine if you can get one. I can't sew after MANY attempts, but I can make a decent quilt square, so you will be fine. But handsewn....not so much.

Mom

banananutmeg said...

get a Brother sewing machine. There is one for like $75 at WM that is SUPER user friendly...i'm talking it does a regular stitch and a zig zag stitch. SIMPLE to use!

And that fabric is DARLING! Gabriela is going to love the bedding her mama made her!

Another trick, you can change the foot on your sewing machine to a "quilting foot" to topstitch and quilt the whole thing when it's all pieced together, rather than paying someone to quilt it professionally, or hand quilting it.

I can't wait to see the progress on your project! start soon before you lose the excitement!

Unknown said...

Good luck! Gabriela is a lucky little girl. You could always come visit us again and Theresa, your mom and I could help you out. just a suggestion. =]

Anne said...

Hey - you do know someone with a sewing machine - Moi! That was one of the first things Tom ever bought me after we were married. You're going to love this new world you're entering into!