Friday, May 9, 2014

Family Fun

We have been trying to add more cheer to our daily lives lately. We all need more smiles and fun and time together as a family. So, naturally, we went out for ice cream cones after the dentist on Monday. What? You aren't supposed to do that? Let me tell you, nobody complained. 

Tuesday, Auntie Liss arranged for special girl time with Gabriela for a painting craft project. They worked on it until it was time for Gabriela to leave for her play date. That evening, we had family game night together. 

We have brought back Family Circle Time starting this week. Gabriela has been asking for it for a while and it helps us all start out the day in a happy loving manner by singing songs, dancing and saying rhymes together. 

We went to the Children's Discovery Museum in Sausalito on Wednesday and got back in time for our midwife visit. Our midwife brought her kids so Gabriela could visit with them. And then they had special time with Auntie Cynthia and Uncle Dan while Lane and I went to our meeting. 

Thursday was a hard day for me, but while I napped with Easton, Lane and Gabriela played games and did craft projects together. 

Friday was park day. Lane and the kids planted some tomatoes in our little garden bed. Uncle Noal and Auntie Elizabeth came to visit and brought us dinner. 

We went to a birthday party on Saturday. Slowly but surely, we are starting to return to our regular activities. I am looking forward to having my energy, strength, and mobility back after I fully recover from carrying and delivering my 10 lb baby. I am looking forward to taking Gabriela and Easton out and about on summer adventures. Because, yeah. We called it quits on homeschool for the year. I told our teacher I was not worried about Gabriela and where she is in school. It's more important for her to be with her family right now. 




No comments: