Thursday, August 6, 2015

Baby Grover 4.0, week 28

Dear Sweet Baby Girl, 

Each night I place my hand on my growing belly as you swoosh and tumble inside, and ask you to please stay put until at least October, so you have enough time to develop that precious body of yours. 

I tell you about your birth, how much I want it to be healing, joyful and empowering for your daddy and me. 

I desperately want to hear your voice, your strong cry, as you announce your arrival to us all, as I pull you up to my chest and see your perfect pink, warm skin as your little heart pumps blood throughout your precious body. I tell you how much I want to see your little chest rhythmically rise and fall will each breath you independently take with your strong lungs. 

I want to see you open your beautiful eyes, to gaze into them as we knowingly see each other for the first time, though not really meeting. 

How much I want to watch you nurse from your mama, giving you comfort and safety and all the love that I have. 

No comments: