Sunday, August 30, 2015

Yosemite Part 1: our fake home

Since I am now 32 weeks pregnant, we decided that camping might be a little too  difficult. I can hardly sleep comfortably in my own bed. 

I found us a little AirBNB place in Oakhurst, about 20 miles from the southern entrance to Yosemite. It's a little room with two beds, a kitchenette and a bathroom on the property of a homeschooling family with goats, horses, ponies, and chickens, dogs and cats. Easton started calling it our "fake home". After petting the animals in the morning and running around their property, it was not easy to convince our kids to leave in order to start the adventure we drove 4 hours to make. 


They weren't happy to leave this place after visiting with all these gentle and beautiful animals. In fact, when it was time to leave Yosemite at the end of the day, we convinced our kids by telling them we were going back to our fake home. Easton exclaimed, "oh good! I LOVE our fake home!!"

No comments: