Thursday, August 23, 2007

Kitchen Experiment

Last night I was looking on the food network for a good teriyaki marinade, and got really upset when practically every teriyaki search result was for teriyaki sauce, already made. So I decided to do something all together different.

I cut a few skinny tri tip steaks into cubes and doused them with Montreal Steak Seasoning and then cooked them with a little sesame oil.

When they were almost done, i removed them from the pan and covered them in foil, so they'd contine to cook up.

I put a huge onion in the pan, scraped the bottom of it to get all the seasonings up and poured some chicken stock in it until the onions absorbed it all and were really sweet and tasty.

Here's where I used help from Trader Joe's, I poured in 3/4 bottle of General Tso Stir Fry sauce, put the meat back, cooked it a few more minutes and served it with jasmine rice. We had edamame and fresh pineapple also.

the end.

1 comment:

kljackson15 said...

Yummy!!! You are so creative!