Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sweltering Wednesday

So, if you ever plan on visiting us I don't recommend the month of August. Why, you may wonder - it's a nice summer month, perfect time to enjoy the wonders of DC. Well, I'm here to tell you why. It's 9 pm and 92 degrees outside. But wait, with the heat index it actually feels like 98. It was more than 80 degrees when I walked to work at 8 am today. And to make matters worse, the instant you step outside it feels like you are standing right in front of the dryer vent, you know that one that shoots out hot sticky air?

Don't get me wrong, I love this place. But now I know why most people vacation in August. Thank goodness for air conditioning and a lovely pool at our apartment complex.

1 comment:

kljackson15 said...

It is completely miserable weather. I think this weekend is supposed to be normal - yay!!!!