Thursday, August 9, 2007

Landlord Woes

Lane and I have been renting our townhome in California for two years now. Until today, I didn't know the names of our tenants. We've been working through a property management company and apparently, the lady doesn't do much.

When I asked the window company to work with our property manager to schedule an installation time, they said they just have been told to call directly. I offered to do so and during the course of my conversation with her (she's a very nice lady), I found out these delightful things -
1. They got a dog. A german shepard. They told the property manager, but have we heard anything about it??? No.
2. They are painting a room pink. They were going to ask, but didn't. (really we don't care, but still!)
3. Brand new windows that were installed almost a year ago are leaking. She's reported it to the property management company, but we haven't heard anything about this either. She thought that since nothing happened, the owners just weren't interested in fixing it.

So, not only is our sucky property manager not doing her job, the tenant said she's really rude and talks down to her. Basically this lady is taking a chunk out of the rent and sending us the remainder and that's it. It's so frustrating. I think it's time we tell her peace out. But I'm a little nervous about being a landlord from 3,000 miles away. grr.

1 comment:

kljackson15 said...

You've got to be kidding me?!?!?! That's completely unacceptable. At least the mystery tenant has been revealed...