Saturday, May 24, 2008

Family Weekend





Thursday, Theresa and my mom had the chance to check out Washington DC. They went on a City bus tour, stopped in at some museums, and even got home in time to have dinner ready on the table by the time I returned from work.

This was the night Adrienne and Meliss showed up. Thank goodness I had decided to take Friday off from work! We stayed up until like 2 am, my mom, my sisters, and my sisters in law. It was great to just have girly time talking and laughing and catching up. We balanced the girlyness by folding origami NINJA STARS for Beau's b-day party as we gabbed.

Meliss and Adrienne had some well deserved kid-free time together at the mall on Friday while Theresa cooked up a storm preparing for Saturday's festivities and my mom accompanied me on a trip to a birth center in DC to check it out.

We ate at Cafe Pizzaiolo that night, which was where David and Mary Jane and Grandma Chaney all showed up. Everyone at the restaurant must have thought we were nuts with the way we greeted our dinner companions - with great big hugs and lots of tears.

You can read all about Saturday here. We spent the rest of the evening just lazing around and talking.

Lane took his family out on the town on Sunday to see Washington DC, especially the World War II Memorial which Grandma Chaney specifically wanted to check out. I stayed home and slept and slept. It was a wonderfully fun filled weekend and it tired me out.

We are so lucky to be as loved as we are, that everyone arranged trips to be here with us for our special day. Thank you all oodles and bunches!!!

No comments: