Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Folks, You'll Never Believe it!


After receiving bottle advice in my comments (thank you, kind readers!), I rushed out to Target to buy the Playtex Drop In Bottle system with NaturaLatch nipples. I tried giving Gabriela a bottle when she was still sleepy so she wouldn't notice the difference, and she kind of gave a few half-interested sucks, but as soon as she realized what was going on, she immediately let me know she was NOT pleased. I was still happy because that's more than she would do last time. When Lane got home, I asked him to try giving her a bottle and she took it immediately from him, no problem! He even gave her another bottle later that evening. I'm so relieved because she is going to have to start taking bottles when she goes to daycare.

We submitted paperwork for one daycare and the lady said she should have a spot for us. I'm so glad we liked her and her approach to caring for children...especially since this was the only place without a waiting list of a YEAR or more.

In other news, Gabriela didn't wake up to eat this morning until 4:45 am! And then she didn't wake up again until practically 9 am. What a good little sleeper.

The other night, she woke up at 11 pm and decided this was a great time to practice rolling over. She'd roll from one side onto her other side and grunt and whine as she tried to get all the way over. I caught her roll over yesterday, but I kind of feel like it was a fluke and maybe she did it by accident, because she hasn't rolled over since.

Our baby is growing so fast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! That is a precious picture of Gabriela and Dad.

I'm glad you found a good daycare (without the year wait!!) for Gabriela :D

banananutmeg said...

YAY! Now that you've got her to take the bottle, don't go longer than 2 or 3 days without giving her one, or she might change her mind again. I'd give her one at least once a day until she'll take one from you, or even a friend.
Congrats on quick success!

If you decide to freeze your milk, get the gerber or lansinoh bags, and lay them FLAT in the freezer. That way you can defrost it super quickly by running hot water on it in the sink, rather than waiting forever for a big chunk to melt.

breastmilk separates when frozen...don't be alarmed if you see strange yellow stuff swirled around in it when you remove it from the freezer.