Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our Busy Weekend

Starting with Thursday... Gabriela and I took and adventure on Thursday to the Red Cross. She was such a good girl on the metro and at the office. Although, after about an hour she was done and got a little fussy so we high-tailed it out of there. Here are my lovely coworkers, Betsy, Mark & Maria, holding Gabriela.

That evening, Katie and I went out for margaritas to catch up and have some girl time. I left Gabriela with her daddy. I have to admit, it was really weird to be out and about without a baby or a diaper bag, or even a big huge belly to lug around.

Friday we took a very long walk using our stroller for the first time. That's right, Gabriela is so happy being carried around in her Baby Bjorn or Moby Wrap that up until then, we hadn't even used our stroller yet. We went to the library, a place I hadn't been in years. I got a library card, and borrowed some books, just in time for Gabriela to realize she was in the stroller and wanted to get out. (I forgot to give her the "Library Voice" talk before we left.) Luckily I had prepared for this and brought along plan B - the Baby Bjorn. We happily made our way home and even managed to see some butterflies along the way.
Yesterday we went down the street to Crystal Market. For a few weeks, Eastern Market vendors are in Crystal City. We saw all the artisan vendors - lots of handmade jewelry, cool furniture, handmade soaps, handmade bags, scarves and shawls, and nice live music. We bought our first Christmas present of the year (but I'm not saying what it is or who its for).



Today we are going back to attend the Crystal City Wine & Jazz Festival with some friends. I love that our neighborhood has lots of stuff going on, and all we have to do is walk out our apartment building to enjoy the fun.

3 comments:

morethangray said...

I'm glad to hear you're back to your busybusybusy self!

Gabriela is growing so fast! She looks adorable. My fave pics are the ones with the both of you. You look so happy and Gabriela is her cute 'lil self.

Auntie Meliss said...

Bring that little cutie back to Cali! She's already changed so much since we saw her. I just can't stand it!
Also, did you know Uncle Nate has a dimple? That's where she got it. Sorry Auntie Adie!!!

Anonymous said...

You should check out the forums at thebabywearer.com to learn about other types of carriers since she will probably outgrow the Bjorn and Moby soon