Monday, August 3, 2009

Almost There

What a crazy weekend we had moving to a new apartment with a one year old!! While we aren't completely moved yet, the kitchen is all set up. I even cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner in there yesterday. Lane donated our old bedroom set, our dining room set, and a bookshelf and file cabinet yesterday with the help of our friend Sean. Our new bedroom set arrives sometime toward the end of this month. I can't wait.

Lane has been a super-star mover. I spent most of my time holding Gabriela or feeding her or helping her settle down for naps so I wasn't the most helpful mover.

I love that Gabriela has her own room. It's mostly set up. We can let her play in there and know she's not going to get into anything that's not safe for her. The best part is that the room has french doors so we can always see her. The first night, she slept in her room until 6:30 am. Yay, Gabriela!

This morning we got internet. I had breakfast on our balcony. I have done a bazillion loads of laundry. I just can't get over the fact that I don't have to go down 12 flights of stairs to do laundry. I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon. We have to finish unpacking the living room and bedroom and try to get better organized still.

The good news is that in the process of moving, I found our camera and video camera. Expect pics of the new digs coming soon and hopefully some video footage of Gabriela signing "please" and taking some steps.

4 comments:

banananutmeg said...

12 flights of stairs for laundry. that is like a chore to do a chore. No wonder you are in such great shape! Did you have an elevator?

Be glad for the move, when Gabriella is really walking she will want to do the stairs "all by herself"...and 12 flights could take all day.

are you so excited for new furniture? Can't wait to see pictures!

Elena said...

Time for a disclaimer. We did take the elevator, but carrying a baby and loads of laundry down the elevator and across the hall is no fun. And you could just forget about doing laundry if the baby fell asleep or if dinner was cooking. Even worse was getting downstairs to find no machines available!

And YES, I can't wait for our new bedroom furniture. Our mattress already arrived and it's soooooo comfy.

Cynthiaclower said...

Hip hip hooray! Can't wait to see more video footage. Let's see some pix of this new place (as if you're busy getting settled into it or something)

XOXO

Unknown said...

i can't wait to see pix of your new place. and new pix and videos of gabriela. love you guys!

& I totally sympathize with to laundry thing. I end up carrying 3 loads plus steering Mina to the laundry room to find no machines available!(luckily i don't have to deal with stairs) i'm totally jealous that you don't have to do that anymore.