Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Peaches

Peaches are $2.19/lb at farmers market.
"seconds" peaches are $0.99/lb at farmers market. You know, the ones with a teeny tiny bruise that no one wants. No one except me. But wait - It gets better.
You can buy a whole box of them (25 lbs worth) for $10. That's $0.40/lb!! I am telling you, the steal of the deal gets me every time! It was such a good deal, I had to buy them! Now I have 25 lbs of peaches I have to figure out how to use up!!

Last night I baked a pie and made a cobbler. This morning I made oatmeal for Gabriela with lots of fresh peaches cooked in it and I brought some to work to eat. I think we're going to have to freeze some and maybe make another pie or two or three.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Yes you need to make sorbet. That is what I did and it turned out great.
2 cups peaches
2 Tbs simple syrup
2 Tbs Lemon juice

Simple syrup is 2/1 sugar/water
And I think 1 Tbs lemon juice is enough, But I did through in a little of that fruit fresh in it. Great! Of course you could just freeze it, but I have an ice cream machine. I just had to have it.

Elena said...

but how do i make it? Blend it all up???? More guidance please!!!

Adrienne said...

I bet you could mail some yummy peach deliciousness...

http://www.baking911.com/howto/mail.htm

;-)

Adrienne said...

How about something like these:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peach-Cake-II/Detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Beths-Peach-Nectarine-Muffins/Detail.aspx

Or what about some kind of pork with peaches???

Just to mix it up a bit ;-)