Wednesday, December 2, 2009

O Christmas Tree





For the last five years we have had an artificial Christmas tree. This year, we decided to get a live tree and fill our home with that fresh pine scent.

Lane put the lights up and we decorated the tree with most of the breakable ornaments while our little sicky napped. I saved some baby-safe ornaments for Gabriela to hang. Lane told me not to cry when she woke up and wasn't the least bit interested. But I put one ornament on the tree and she immediately helped me with the rest! My little Christmas elf!

She loves our Grover ornament. Not only is it Grover, but he's in one of her favorite things - a shoe! Gabriela likes our snowflake ornaments from Malia's wedding and calls them flowers. She also loves the birdie ornament that Meliss made me. She is also enjoying the Christmas boxes and putting one inside of the other.

My mom reminded me that when I was her age, I knocked the Christmas tree over as my parents were on their way out the door to a holiday party. We are crossing our fingers that we get through this holiday season without the tree-tipping excitement.

No comments: