Friday, December 18, 2009

Oh Family, I Love You.

Auntie Cynthia and Gabriela making salads for dinner. Boy, were they tasty!

The moment Christianne arrived!
Christmas pajamas!
Yesterday morning my sister Cynthia arrived in town, all ready for the Christmas holiday. I am close to all my siblings, but something happens when I'm with Cynthia. We always say the exact same things, even with the same intonation, and it almost creeps me out that I can look at her and totally see myself in another person. We look THAT much alike!

Gabriela was happy to see her auntie and has already learned some new words, thanks to Auntie Cynthia. This morning, I brought Gabriela out to the living room. It was still dark and we looked at Auntie who said hi. Gabriela got this ginormous grin on her face and excitedly whispered, "auntie". Seconds later, she said it again a little louder, and then, excitedly proclaimed, "AUNTIE!", with Cynthia's heart rapidly melting all the while.

Christianne arrived last night too. I can't believe it had been more than a whole year since I last saw her. Can you believe she is 12 years old and probably 4 inches taller than me!?!?? We have to post a picture soon. It was so sweet and touching that Christianne gave me this huge monster hug as soon as she walked through the door and she wouldn't let go. She was crying, she has such a big loving heart.

I gave her one of her Christmas presents as soon as she arrived. I just couldn't wait. But for everyone who thinks I was cheating, they were Christmas pajamas, and I wanted her to be able to wear them her whole visit. That's okay, right???

I can't tell you how difficult it was for me to get out the door and go to work with these lovely ladies and my baby girl having fun at home. So far, Auntie Cynthia did the dishes, made pancake breakfast, taught Gabriela how to say pancake, and took the girlies to the mall to get pictures with Santa!

I am so grateful to have Cynthia and Christianne here to spend the holidays with Lane and Gabriela and me.

I wish I could rush straight home after work today, but I have to do all the grocery shopping I was planning to do Saturday morning because we are supposed to get ten to twenty inches of snow by Saturday night!!!