Friday, May 13, 2011

A visit to the midwife


This morning, Gabriela insisted on wearing her Big Sister jammie shirt our midwife appointment.

She told her daddy, “We are going to the doctor.  Excuse me, the midwife. We are going to see the midwife today”

She helped the midwife with the fetoscope machine so we could listen to  the baby’s heartbeat.  When the midwife asked Gabriela what she thought the heartbeat sounded like, I expected her to say something like a train. Instead Gabriela said, “hmmm, a girl or a boy??? A BOY!”

After Gabriela watched the midwife feel around my uterus, she walked up to me and started pushing down lightly on my tummy with her little fingertips too.

She also insisted on peeing in a cup. It took me a lot of explaining to convince her to just pee in the toilet.

No comments: