Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Little Belated Cubicle Love





I have such fun co-workers. These photos deserved to be posted the day I got back to work from Africa. So, I've been slacking a little. Nothing says you are loved at work better than arriving to a desk decorated in blue and green argyle wrapping paper next to pink paisley wrapping paper, with cut-outs of George Bush, Colin Powell, Jimmy Carter and other government figures dressed in drag. I also had a Cinderella "Happy Birthday, Princess" welcome back card, a pez dispenser, random cut-outs from the National Enquirer and Soap Opera magazine, and all other sorts of wonderful things at my cubicle.

Sometimes we have a little too much fun at work. One day, we were going to get rid of a fairly large scanner box, when we had a brilliant idea. I got inside the box, someone printed an Africa shipping label and wheeled the box over to another caseworker saying an important package had arrived for him. Of course he got SCISSORS to open the box. (I had to duck down). and when he peeped inside I gave him some jazz hands and popped out. To say he was startled was an understatement.

Despite the cubicle decorating, popping out of boxes, and throwing objects at each other, we get a lot of serious work done. It's the perfect balance of challenging, meaningful work and fun times. I'm loving it.

1 comment:

kljackson15 said...

How fun!!!! And, it really is a testiment to the wonderful person you are :)