Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Venus Reborn

So it seriously took me almost three months to admit to myself (and to Lane) that I had actually lost one of the sweetest gifts he'd ever given me. I was almost in tears, and even told him - mostly in a joking manner - not to buy me anything special anymore, because I'd just lose it :(

When my brother didn't find it in his NY apartment, I started tearing my bedroom apart and looking in suitcases with no happy results. Then Lane asked me if I left it in Africa/Switzerland. No, silly. That was MONTHS ago! But the more I thought about it and the fewer possibilities there were at finding it, I started wondering if that really could have been the last time I had my precious necklace.

I asked him to check his backpack that he so graciously lent to me for my trip - and to look at the bottom of all the tiny pockets and there he found it.

You don't know how relieved I was. And now I know just where it is. Right around my neck.

1 comment:

kljackson15 said...

I can't wait to see this necklace in person....