Friday, June 8, 2007

My Indiana Family

Indiana was a total blast. It so refreshing to go home for a happy occasion – my cousin Colette’s high school graduation. And let me say, my family knows how to have a good time. This weekend was complete with a pre-party, the grand fiesta, a night out with the big cousins, and a wine tasting party with the whole family the next night.

One thing I couldn’t get over while I was there was the endless food and non-stop eating. Before we were even finished eating one meal, someone was starting to plan or prepare for the next. This wasn’t just for the party – it was every single waking moment.

The party was a success. Good eats, good people, a DJ and, watch out people, karaoke. My parents had been practicing their songs for months before they arrived. The cutest thing was my Aunt Delfina who STARTED the Karaoke party. The funniest – some forty year old guy approaching my dad and asking him for marijuana. This fine gentleman also randomly did a keg stand. We don’t know where he came from.

I love my cousins – they are all wonderfully kind hearted, funny, smart people. We get together only once every couple of years and when we’re together, it’s like we’ve never been apart. Overall the weekend was a joyous occasion, full of laughter, and fun times. But we also had those moments where, through our hugs and tears, we remembered our Nana and how we all miss her.

I just hope that we are all like our moms, and can get together with our husbands and children to pull off fabulous parties with the home cooked, sinfully scrumptious food and the kind of company you want around you forever.

1 comment:

kljackson15 said...

I have no doubts you will be just like your mom...you are already well on your way with cooking and kick-ass dinner fun :)