Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tiempo de Practicar mi Español


Today my manager asked if I was available to attend a conference with her three weeks from now in Panama. It's a Restoring Family Links Red Cross conference on Tracing in the Americas. Other Red Cross national societies will be there - Cuba, Costa Rica, The Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama and El Salvador. This is a great opportunity for me to meet my counterparts at the other societies and also practice my Spanish. AND we are going to be giving a presentation - en español. I'm excited for the chance to go to Central America - but disappointed that it's not with Lane. Even more disappointing is that the conference starts on July 23rd, our seventh wedding anniversary. Talk about bad timing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I said... Yay! and Boo! at the same time. It's going to be nice to visit down there, but without Lane?!! and on your Anniversary!!? I might be going to Honduras in October.

kljackson15 said...

Well, I guess you are just going to have to plan something extra special before or after your trip :)

I'm excited about this opportunity for you!