Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs!

So I wasn’t able to call Cynthia or Adie to wish them happy birthday because we were in the car all day Sunday and Monday for a marathon trip to Syracuse, New York. We drove up with our friends, Torin and Raluca, leaving at 6:45 am the day of the wedding. It sounded like a perfectly reasonable plan, until about the night before we were supposed to leave, and I started having visions of four people bumping into each other, running around frantically in a tiny hotel room with an even tinier bathroom to get ready for the wedding.

Luckily we had no traffic, we arrived early enough to walk around Syracuse and grab a late lunch. We had plenty of space to get beautified for the wedding, which was absolutely gorgeous. To my pleasant surprise, I learned that Raluca likes to be on time just as much as I do. As a result, we were practically the first guests to arrive at the synagogue. Sean and Jessica shared the most heartwarming vows, tears were streaming down my face for the whole darn ceremony. (I was so disappointed in myself for forgetting to bring tissue.)

At the beginning of the reception Sean and his best man sang a song they had composed for Jessica (I cried for that also). We had an awesome time at the reception and pretty much danced from the first to the last song, and then went to the after party. Sean and Jessica are so in love and incredibly happy with each other. I’m really glad we got to be there to celebrate with them. And that we met them at 2:30 in the morning during a fire alarm. Who would have thought we’d be at their wedding less than a year later?!?

Congratulations, Sean and Jessica!! Sean and Lane were teaching Jessica's nephew some fancy dance moves:

Our friends with whom we spent 14 hours in the car, over the last two days:



1 comment:

kljackson15 said...

You certainly should be pleased with the final dress selection - you looked gorgeous! I love the pictures...looks like a perfect wedding. What a beautiful bride Jessica made!