Monday, September 17, 2007

Saturday Success

I got crazy and had TEN people over for dinner on Saturday night. Not only was I nervous about actually fitting twelve people inside our one bedroom apartment, I had never cooked dinner for that many people before! I wasn’t sure how much food to make, and my worst nightmare was that we would run out before everyone had eaten as much as they wanted to.

Here’s what we had:
Marinated mushrooms, olives, Italian meats, goat cheese, fig spread, baked brie and honey, veggies

Pesto
Feta Cheese/Veggie Pasta that Lane is the master at making
Salad with raspberries, pears and candied pecans
Tomato Salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Italian Sausages
Pizza - with sautéed mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh parsley
Pizza bread – no sauce or cheese, just herbs and seasonings

And for dessert, apricot almond squares and crazy cupcakes. Mmmmm.

Lane helped out a lot, of course he made the cupcakes, the frosting, and even came up with the brilliant idea of piping the frosting – something I have never tried before, he made the pasta, and the salad dressing.

We told people if they wanted, they could bring a little booze. Well, we had to bust out the cooler for all the beer. And Torin decided to bring a traveling bar, complete with soda, alcohol for mixing drinks, straws, cups, and fresh mint for garnish. I was very impressed.

No one went hungry, and I think we pleased the vegetarians, meat lovers AND non-dairy eaters alike. We learned that 12 people is a good number of people for a party, just maybe a little too much for playing a game all together.

It was good times, and I’m already brainstorming my next dinner menu!

2 comments:

kljackson15 said...

It certainly was a success!!! The we'll-eat-almost-anything eaters were VERY pleased. We had a blast, thanks to a wonderful host and hostess!

Heather said...

man, you guys are amazing! :) what does it mean to pipe the frosting?