Sunday, September 9, 2007

Weekend Report

Lane and I met up with Torin and friends on Friday around 5:30 at this bar in Dupont called Play Lounge. It was super modern, had a nice sized dance floor (complete with dance pole), awesome DJ and even an open bar for a while. We enjoyed ourselves so much there we didn't end up leaving until 1:30. Uh, that was like a whole work shift. We danced our little booties off all night, and as if ending it with Fuddruckers weren't good enough, we had the awesomest cab driver ever on the ride home. Here's why:
1. He was an Ethiopian refugee, who came to the US 20 years ago.
2. He was BUMPING club music in his cab.
3. He told us how he didn't believe in any religion because they only give you the "password" after you're dead, and that people should focus on living happy good lives while they're alive. His religion is music, he said.
4. As we drove by the white house, he called our lovely presidente the "white-taliban".
5. He randomly started speaking Spanish to us, saying he had just learned it en la calle, or on the street.

We totally laughed and chatted with him the whole way home. Love it.

Saturday afternoon I went to yoga again, people. Here's my new strategy: go to a place where you pay by semester. Having paid in advance for 12 whole classes, I hope I will be much more inclined to stick it out. This place is called Unity Woods and they are really keen on perfecting yoga posture so the poses are much more effective. I don't know if it's a combination of yoga and dancing, but I can already feel it in my legs. Wish me luck!

We got the loveliest invitation after almost a year not seeing eachother to have dinner with our friends, Frank & Darin. Lane and I were in a play with Frank last year, and we started having dinner and game nights until we moved away from Reston. We always have great fun with them. Last night we just caught up, laughed, played Hoopla.

Today has been the laziest day ever. We made our scrumptious weekend breakfast and requisite smoothie and watched some episodes of Weeds, which is a totally hilarious show. We are only on season one. We got a kick out of the special features, which included a Recipes section with some very vague ingredients:2 tsps fresh herbs (your choice), herbed butter, spice. Here's a sample of some recipe titles: Blazing Banana Bread, I'm Baked Ziti, Pot Roast, Hash Browns, you get the picture.

I'm hoping we'll get to the grocery store sometime today and maybe clean up a little bit. I've been busy brainstorming my menu for a dinner and game party we're having next weekend.

1 comment:

kljackson15 said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend...you guys seem to always manage to make weekends exciting!

I started to get a little nervous when you talked about the cab driver saying something about GW.

Glad you had a lazy day!