Tuesday, November 27, 2007

For real?!?

Early November I started feeling a little funny in the boob department and also feeling a little yucky after eating dinner. I wasn't sure what to think. I kind of thought I was possibly pregnant, but hadn't missed my period yet and didn't want to get worked up about it either way. Although, I'm not going to lie, I bought a package of cute green and yellow onesies.

However, the night before we went on vacation I thought the responsible thing to do was take a test to make sure. After all, we were going to have 24 hr access to all the alcohol we wanted. So I came home and waited for Lane so we could do the test.

I have serious issues peeing on sticks and into cups, by the way. I just can't do it. Anyway, I immediately left the bathroom after taking the test and Lane and I both went to check the results exactly two minutes later. Here's what we found:


We were so excited and Lane told me what a good job I had done, as if this were a one person accomplishment ;) He also said he already knew I was pregnant! So I immediately pulled my What to Expect When You're Expecting book and started studying.

A friend of ours asked if we were going to bring home a Baby Grover from our vacation, I laughed and said I didn't think so. I had no idea we'd be taking a Baby Grover with us to the Dominican Republic!

It was really good timing. We were able to read all about being pregnant, talk about it tons and just soak it all in. For ages I've daydreamed about us having babies. It's so surreal to think there's actually a little rascal growing like crazy inside of me.

At dinner one night Lane told me how happy he was that we were starting our family. I think we both got a little teary-eyed.

No comments: