Thursday, February 7, 2008

Last Weekend - ages ago.

Lane and I got crazy last weekend when I decided we should venture to the abyss of the gym downstairs in our apartment building. We have lived here since Octber 2006 and have probably gone three times. ever. It's so intimidating and overwhelming. I never know what to do in there. So I hopped on a bike and rode it for 8 miles while watching the food network. What can I say?! I don't think anyone else at the gym was watching food TV. But you know what? I would have been watching the same show sitting on the couch in my living room. AND I made a delicious dinner that night that we wouldn't have had otherwise (thank you Rachael Ray). I made her Greek Goulash which had ground beef with cinnamon and oregano, eggplant, onions, garlic, spinach, tomato sauce, and orzo pasta with lemon zest and kalamata olives and feta cheese with pita chips. It was a delicious combination of flavors I don't normally eat together and we loved it.

Sunday we caught the super bowl with our friends Alex & Matt and Jess & Sean. A prerequisite for attendance was rooting for the Giants. I'm not really into football, but I paid attention most of the game, although we only needed to watch like the last 3 minutes. We can never pass up an opportunity to be with good friends and have lots of delicious food.

I was supposed to go to a knitting class tonight with some girls from work, but our instructor wasn't feeling well. We'v e rescheduled our crash course for Tuesday night instead. If it's anything like my efforts to learn how to crochet, it will be disastrous, but I figured I'd at least give it a go.

No comments: