Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Week 19



This week, hair is starting to form on Baby Grover's little head. Baby Grover's brain is really busy these days, specializing areas of the nerve cells that serve the senses of touch, taste, smell, sight, and hearing. And as strange as it may sound, Baby Grover may already have developed a preference for the left or right hand!

These days I'm still feeling mostly normal. My only complaint is that I've started waking up all throughout the night again - not to pee, but because my knees are killing me!! I think it's because I'm producing super levels of a pregnancy hormone called relaxin. Relaxin loosens and widens the hip joints to make childbirth easier. But it also loosens other joints. boo. I'm feeling guilty about not exercising, and whenever I read about pregnancy exercise, I feel like someone is scolding me disapprovingly for not being more active. So, out of complete guilt, I decided to take a walk outside today in the 47 degree weather. It wasn't really *that* cold, but my walk lasted all of 7 minutes or so. So much for that.
and i'm really good at crying these days.

No comments: