Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Week 17



Holy Moly, did I grow a lot this week, or what?!? Wowsers. I can't believe that in 3 weeks I will be half way done being pregnant! The time has flown by. It makes me nervous that we'll have enough time to take care of everything we need to before the baby arrives.
Today was my monthly doctor appointment. She confirmed that our baby has a 1 in 5,000 chance of having Down Syndrome, so that's really good. Had some extra blood work done today, and talked with the doctor about doulas and epidurals. I heard the baby's heartbeat again today. AND, I know I've gained weight over the past month (and have the pictures to prove it). According to the doctor's office, I gained only one pound in the past month. Either I was wearing some pretty heavy clothing last time, or the nurse didn't do a proper reading on the scale.
I need to make an ultrasound appointment in the next couple of weeks so we can take a look at all the baby's organs and find out the sex of the baby!! I'll be sure to schedule the appointment so Lane and I can both go together. I really want him to be there, and plus our last ultrasound appointment together was just fascinating.

No comments: