Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!



Friday was my mom's birthday. The kids (and their kids) trekked over to the Artesania - a local artisan market in Miraflores where we spent the afternoon. Lane & I bought my mom a set of abalone earrings. Gabriela got the cutest little hat. I bought a headband and Lane bought a neat leather carved stool to use when he plays the guitar.

I couldn't help it - I also bought matching fingerless gloves to go with Gabriela's hat. They are funky, but that's why I love them.

That evening we all went out to dinner together. My dad, Tim, David, and I think Matthew all ordered the same thing without even realizing it.

Later on during dinner, Mina was getting antsy so Auntie Cynthia started taking her for escalator rides to pass the time. She was LOVING it - giggling, and putting her hands up as if she were on a roller coaster, that is, until the security guard at the mall told them they had to stop. Whatever. Here she is in HER cute little llama hat.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Happy Birthday to me!!!!!
Another nice get together. As you can see, the food was very nice. My cake was delicious too. The girls bought it at Wong's, the supermercado where we did some shopping and brought it to the restaurant at Larcomar (conveniently located midway between our apartments). Dad could enjoy it too as the girls made sure it was gluten-free.