Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What a big girl!




Christianne is our eleven year old niece. I just have to say what a beautiful young lady she has grown up to be. She has the biggest heart, is so sweet with everyone, especially the little kiddos, and is so generous.

Christianne spent the afternoon at the market buying gifts for her brothers and sister, her mom and step-dad, and all her aunts and uncles and cousins in Arizona. WOW.

I couldn't believe how grown up she was when I saw her all dressed for the wedding, so I cried.

I'm so glad we got to visit with her. I can't believe she's already as tall as me and I'm a little sad we can't switch shoes anymore since she wears a bigger shoe size than me (especially since I LOVED her shoes for the wedding).

Uncle Lane and I are so proud of the big girl she has become, that she's in the gifted writing class at school, and just at what a wonderful person she is. After about fifteen goodbye hugs and more tears than that, we said goodbye and promised to call and email more often.

We love you Christianne.


p.s. we're also jealous that you get to go to Machu Picchu and we don't. We can't wait to hear all about it.

Don't worry, it's a virgin strawberry daiquiri

1 comment:

Mom said...

Can you believe this world traveler? She's quite a lovely person and I'm so glad that we know each other so well in spite of the miles. David has made every effort to see that she spends time with him and us. And, I look forward to the next time we're together.