Thursday, May 13, 2010

Elevation Burger

We've been on the east coast nearly five years and missing In-N-Out Burger every moment. What are the chances that we discover Elevation Burger only three weeks before moving back? People, you are going to shutter at the mere thought, but I have to say it: Elevation Burger is WAY better than In-N-Out.

Knowing that our California Peeps would not take this news lightly, we vowed then and there to make a repeat visit for the sole purpose of documenting it for the readers. We went back alright, but unfortunately forgot our camera. At first I was really upset, but then I realized it just meant we'd have to return one last time.

So here it is from the outside. Convinced yet? Neither was I.
Elevation Burger seems to be very similar in concept to In-N-Out, although they do have more options for toppings. We kept things classic, going with the "original" toppings, but added carmelized onions for a little animal-stylesque burger, and tried the balsamic mustard. Mmm, balsamic mustard was a good call. Can you see the "protein style" option?

Before we get to the actual burgers, I want you to know that I looked like a complete crazy woman taking pictures of every sign in the building with a giant camera around my neck. But I did it for you. French Fries cooked in Olive Oil.

Here is the menu. It's a little more complex than In-N-Out. You can get veggie burgers, half veggie, half beef, and they even have salads. But seriously, who orders a salad when you can have a burger, fries, and a milkshake?!?!? Notice the vertigo burgers, up to 10x10... why would anyone ever do that!??!

Proof that Elevation is just a tad more hippie than In-N-Out, which I totally love.


More details on the Elevation Burgers.... And now, what you've all been waiting for - pictures of the actual food. Let us begin with milkshakes.


Get a load of this thick, creamy and delicious chocolate banana milkshake. That's right, you can customize your milkshake. I like vanilla with fresh strawberries. Lane has tried chocolate banana and also chocolate shake with oreo cookie. The shakes kick In-N-Out's ass. It hurts me to say this, but it's true.

mmmm.

One cheeseburger and one hamburger, succulent, fresh, and totally out of this world.
(and check out the super top notch quality pickles!)
Deeeeelicious french fries.

I'm going for it.


Crazy-Neck Elena gives it the A-OK.

And now for the cheeseburger...

And there you have it. We checked the website and Elevation Burger is making its debut in southern California soon. The the turf wars will begin. I'm already a convert (or traitor, depending how you look at it).

Oh, and for you DC Peeps, the owner told us that they sometimes run promotions for Facebook fans where they'll give you advance notice of when you can get a FREE Elevation Burger, also known as the Double Double for you In-N-Out fans.

5 comments:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

If I ever see an elevation burger joint...I'll be sure to try it..especially since I'm a HUGE in-n-out burger fan!

Unknown said...

traitor! no, not really i want some of them hippie burgers.

Theresa said...

Sounds good to me. I don't think you are a traitor or anything, you just have good taste. You can like them both.

banananutmeg said...

Oh my. Maybe THEY will come to Arkansas...since In N Out never will.

And the chocolate banana shake?
I must have one.

Elena said...

You know, Elevation Burger is a franchise, so YOU could even open up one if you wanted :)