Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Last day of work

Out in front of the American Red Cross national headquarters
I'm going to miss these stylin' singing dudes. Sometimes there are two, three, or even four guys singing their hearts out, and they are always wearing interesting outfits - matching redskins gear, obama outfits, matching santa hats, and sometimes even matching pink suits. I will not, however, miss the other guy who sometimes steals their spot. This other guy brings his severely out of tune guitar and sings really flat awful versions of Jimi Hendrix songs.
This is what I see when I step outside at work. A couple more blocks and you see the White House. It's been pretty cool to be right in the center of downtown.
See what I mean? It's not like I ever drove my car to work even once, but I'm going to miss seeing this view from the car while getting rides home from friends, or even just driving into town.

I'm going to miss seeing the Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, Capitol Building, and heck, even the weird looking Airforce Memorial when we're just on our way to the store or coming back from Sean and Jess's house.

Today is our last day to pack. Movers come tomorrow. This is really happening and I can't wait for the stress of moving to be over.

2 comments:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

yep, you guys have lived in a gorgeous place. Good luck with the move tomorrow and getting everything finished up today!

AdamD said...

Don't worry, we have singin' dudes in Oakland too.