Friday, May 21, 2010

Two Days In


We arrived just fine. Gabriela was an awesome traveler.

Two days later she had fallen down a flight of stairs, head over heels, right before my very eyes. It was quite traumatic for us both. I raced down behind her bent in half, trying frantically to grab her, but wasn't quick enough. Luckily, she didn't get hurt at all. But she cried, and so did I, and so did Auntie Meliss. Now, when she walks down the steps, she pauses and says "Go slowly!".

We weren't even here two full days and Uncle Lane spilled some beans to Chaney. Lane told Chaney he was leaving to pick up Uncle Noal's new pistol....just like his dad's. Chaney looked confused and asked, "My dad has a pistol???" Uncle Lane said, "uh, Chaney? I'll be right back." and went to tell Meliss. It ended up being okay and an opportunity for discussion about being safe, but, whoopsies.

Chaney and Beau couldn't be happier to have Gabriela around. Once our car arrives we'll be able to visit more family and friends.

6 comments:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

MAN OH MAN!!! Glad to hear that your little munchkin is ok, and that Lane didn't botch things up too bad with the Pistol...

morethangray said...

oh my goodness! i'm so glad gabriela wasn't injured in the fall! sounds like she's whip smart and quickly learned to take it slow down the steps :]

ChristianneRenee said...

Well it sounds like someone had benn super busy! i love you guys and cant wait to see you guys! let me know when you get the chance how you are doin. PS i updated my blog FINALLY!
PSPS you have a comment ;)

ChristianneRenee said...

sorry! i did that twice haha silly me!

ChristianneRenee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Sylvester Crew said...

Miss you guys! Give Gabriela a kiss from all of us. Tell Lane we said "HI"! Love ya! P.S. I updated my blog too!