Sunday, May 2, 2010

A trip to the park

Gabriela is starting to pick out (and insist on wearing) some of her own clothes. Last Sunday she kept saying something, and I couldn't understand. She grabbed my hand, took me to her dresser and pointed again. Monkey Socks! We were getting ready to go to the park and she really, really, really wanted to wear her rain boots. Why not? It was like 85 degrees and super sunny.

This is what our apartment looks like these days: packed boxes, empty boxes, as far as the eye can see, oh and super stylin' baby! Don't be fooled by Gabriela's shirt. I totally forgot it was Earth Day and didn't put her in the special shirt I had been saving for that day.
Gabriela loves the swings at the park. This is seriously how Gabriela waves. Like a princess. She is so friendly, always waving and saying hello to other kids.

Down the big-girl slide, all by herself!

(notice the change in footwear... her boots slip off her feet, so I exchanged them for converse before we got out of the car)
Gabriela and Daddy on the tire swing.

When it's time to leave the park, Gabriela says goodbye to the park, and the swings, and the slide, and also to the steps. That's right, the steps.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You can't forget about the step!

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

Is it me, or is Gabby growing like a weed??? She gets bigger in every post, I swear! Cute hat on Gabby...and I love the park!

Cynthiaclower said...

She's so stinking cute... and such a love bug. I miss her so much. Love that she's gettin a mind of her own with her boots in the sun and monkey socks... and has to make sure she bids the steps a proper farewell.