Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Gardening and Smiles


After eating a carrot that Lane had picked the day before, Easton must have felt inspired, because he came to me in the kitchen saying, "Wook how many cawwots I found, Mama!!" I turned to find this:
He picked every single carrot that was in the ground. Every. Single. One. I have no idea how he managed to climb up stairs and open the door with this garden goodness, but he did. 

I wish I'd seen Easton's joy at plucking each one from the ground, but then again, if I had been there, I wouldn't have let him pick so many. 

Next he told me, "I feel like I want to wash these cawwots" and then I found him like this
Feet dangling from the countertop, diligently washing his harvest.

Next he dried them all, and decided to snip off the greens himself. And here are the goods:

Some of these are just little baby fairy carrots. I mean, really. 


No problem, these bite sized sweet carrots were all devoured by Easton and Gabriela both. Time to plant more. This is just what I hoped for when I planted our garden. That our kids would be a part of the process and enjoy eating the foods that they watched grow in their own yard. 

Meanwhile, Gabriela was concentrating very hard on wiggling her extremely loose tooth. She had me try wiggling, she did it, asked Easton to wiggle, and even to pull it out. Finally, she came to me with her prize in hand.


And here is my big girl with her newly revised smile, cute as ever. 
Look how proud she is, this growing girl of mine. The tooth fairy did not disappoint. 

It was a busy Thursday for Los Grovers. 

No comments: