Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Natalie's Poem about Simone

My sixth grade niece is always writing Simone's name in sidewalk chalk and in the sand, and thinking about the baby girl cousin she never got to meet.  When we visited, she read this poem to us that she had been working on.  Not for school, just out of love. She told us she thinks of Simone every day.  Sweet, tender hearted Natalie, thank you for sharing your heartfelt, beautiful poem.

Simone Esperanza Grover

Simone is a song that I will never hear, but she is the beat in my heart.

Her beauty could stop time all around this wonderful world.

Simone's garden filled with love I where her spirit lies, untouched.

Simone is the butterfly that carries our burden through life's unknown adventures

Simone is the reason for the salty teas that roll down my cheeks.

When I close my eyes, I can hear her laughter, see her smile, touch her soft skin, and wiggle her tiny
toes.

Simone is the yellow brick road that leads me to new thing I've never experienced before.

Simone's wonderful name that is writing in grans of yellow sand and surrounded with love. 

Simone is a running stream that carries us all with her, to enjoy life.

If I could, I would do anything and everything to be able to ear her precious voice.

Simone's time on earth was brief, but my love for her will never end.

Simone is my shining star, whose light will always shine in my heat.

Simone's life walked by, leaving footprints in our hearts forever.

Simone is the flowers in the garden and the wind beneath my hair.

Simone will always be a part of our family, and we will always treasure her tiny little heart, though our tears of sadness still remain.

She changed our lives forever, as we remember the joy of anxiously waiting for her to arrive, and the pain of having to say goodbye.

I miss you my little baby, I wish I had you here, to hug, to hold, and never shed a tear.

We love you very dearly, and miss you every day.

It's almost unbearable when so much hope turns into deep sorrow, but it will get better tomorrow.

When Simone came to he end of the rod, and the sun set for her, it was almost as if our hearts had set along with her.

Simone was a special little one, with a precious face, she is someone we love and cannot be replaced.

She never took a breath and never made a sound, but she made a sound of love that rung through all our hearts.





























































our hearts.

1 comment:

Malia said...

So beautiful!