Wednesday, October 24, 2007

C'mon, now!

Yesterday as I was waiting at the station for the metro to yoga class, I had an amusing encounter.

This regular looking man was standing by me. I say regular *looking* and not just regular because I had just heard him say, "I have no idea where I am". (It was 5 pm on Tuesday night, not 2 am on Saturday night.)

Anyway, he said, "hello pretty lady", so I smiled back. He proceeded to say this: "Man, those are beautiful teeth"... and in all seriousness asked, "are those DENTURES?" (???!?!?!?!?!) When I said no, he replied in surprise, "they's yours?! Wow, those are nice". As he walked away, I heard him repeat how he had no idea where he was.

oh my. I can honestly say that until yesterday, no one had ever asked me if I had dentures. I'm not *that* old, people. Needless to say, it gave me a laugh.



p.s. Fall soup making is in full swing. The other night I made a root veggie chowder with parsnips, carrots, onions, celery, potatoes and sweet potatoes and some other tasty items including bacon. mmmmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you lie to that nice man?

kljackson15 said...

That's quite hilarious! You really do have purdy teeth!

Yummy soup....