Tuesday, March 24, 2009

We Miss You Already, Nana!









My mom came for a short visit after spending the week in New York with David & Christianne. We had a lovely quick visit.

She arrived Saturday afternoon and immediately started a photo session and fun Nana time with Gabriela. Then she kicked our asses in Scrabble.... TWO times!!!

Sunday we lazed around until Gabriela woke up from her nap when we decided to take a quick trip to the newly reopened American History Museum. We saw a huge exhibit on Julia Child's kitchen and the original United States flag from 1814 that inspired Francis Scott Key to write The Star Spangled Banner, in addition to a couple other exhibits. We feasted on Thai food afterwards, where Gabriela was on her bestest behavior.

Nana watched Gabriela all day on Monday and gave our little angel a stellar report for the day. They read stories, laughed and played peek a boo, and had some quality bonding time. When I got home, I opened my newly sparkling refrigerator to start making dinner and was told to rest, that my mom wanted to make us dinner!

Remember last time when she visited and I cried my eyes out when she left??? She told me she never cried all the times HER mom came to visit her from across the country. Well guess who had tears in her eyes at this goodbye?!? I think our little sweetpea charmed her nana or something cos it was hard to say goodbye.

After all the baby watching, dinner cooking, refrigerator cleaning, and house cleaning, my mom actually thanked ME for everything (and Lane threatened to cancel her flight so she wouldn't be able to go home).

We miss you already, Nana!

No comments: