Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Boston - Girl Time

I went to Boston for work and spent my first two nights ever away from Baby Gabriela since she was in my belly. Good thing I was with my baby sister the scientist. We had good times together.
Yeah, this didn't make me nervous.
This is what I saw at Cynthia's lab.

Cynthia took me to a super cozy cute restaurant where we caught up. It was "ladies night". So check out my five dollah make you hollah filet mignon dinner.
That's right, five bucks. Cynthia got a salmon fillet with a risotto cake and honeydew melon salsa. mmm.

I couldn't NOT take a picture of our dessert that cost $2 more than the dinner.

Friday night, Cynthia took me to her hot yoga class. Hot as in like 95 degree room temperature. I didn't know my body was capable of sweating that much. It was intense. So intense, it reminded me of labor. The intensity and mental work out of remaining focused, staying with my breath, and sticking it through. It wasn't painful. I felt so euphoric afterwards, and soaking wet sweaty. Afterwards, we went to the lab.



This is where Cynthia spends all her time. Just checking the radioactivity of the specimens, you know, a normal day at the lab.



I'm not gonna lie. This was just for the pure fun of photo-documenting.
I had a total blast just talking and laughing with Cynthia and meeting her friends. We had a slumber party and just talked late into the night snuggled up in our jammies in bed. Good sister times.
More coming soon on the rest of our trip.


No comments: