Thursday, November 12, 2009

Our Day Off Together

Gabriela and I had a really nice day together before the chocolate fiasco. We went to the Natural History Museum in the morning. Gabriela always loves to ride the metro, so she was having fun before we even arrived anywhere. Once we got there, we checked out the mammals exhibit. Gabriela also loves the huge elephant at the entrance, and tried doing her fancy elephant sound.


Take a look at that porcupine!
At the live insect zoo, Gabriela was very intrigued by the giant cockroach. eww!! She even reached out and touched it! Although, I think I startled her when I kind of jumped as the cockroach wiggled in response to Gabriela touching it. Not many things creep me out but cockroaches are nasty.

On the run.



We also visited the live butterfly exhibit. Gabriela was pointing at all the butterflies and flowers. I think she enjoyed it.

She was the helper of the day at home too. We put on her apron and she helped me do dishes, empty and load the washing machine and she even swept the floor. This was all after a very loooong nap in her mommy's arms. Gotta love those extra snuggles.

1 comment:

banananutmeg said...

live insect ZOO? you are a good mama for letting her get her hands on the bugs!