Friday, April 23, 2010

Our first goodbyes

Yesterday I stopped by the pediatrician's office to pick up Gabriela's record. While we were waiting for our record, all the nurses came out into the waiting room to say goodbye to Gabriela. It was so sweet. We're really going to miss them. They have taken such good care of Gabriela. They've always been available whenever we needed, have been so helpful and supportive with my late night calls and subsequent emergency room visits, and really encouraging about me breastfeeding Gabriela for so long. It's going to be hard to find another place so caring.

And then I went to the Birth Center for a check up and to pick up my records. I feel just the same way about them. It was a little sad being in the same building where I was waddling around during contractions in the middle of the night. I was really looking forward to returning there for Baby #2 some day and receiving all my prenatal care from them. I got to talk with the midwife who helped me all through my labor at the birth center. She was so sweet and gave me her email address so I could ask her for midwives in the Oakland area. Although, I'm sure Meliss can hook me up!

Did you know midwives do regular well-women care? I'm never going to an OB/GYN again.

Anyway, we are so lucky to have been taken care of so well by Arlandria Health Center and Family Health & Birth Center. We are going to miss them and their wonderful staff.

1 comment:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

Love the easter pics and good luck with your move back to Cali!