Monday, October 17, 2011

The activities

Between munching on yummy snacks, admiring the beautiful decor, chitchatting with the ladies and watching the sweet little babies, there was plenty to keep the guests busy at this shower :) 

Here is the block painting station. Meliss had nontoxic paints out and a set of blocks so Baby Brother can have his own personalized set.  The blocks turned out so cute, I need to take some close up pics of some of them. Gabriela really got into it and ended up having to change out of her dress and into an old white t-shirt that somehow turned completely green. hmm.
 People wrote sweet wishes for the mama to be on this beautiful wishing tree.  There was also another area where people could write little notes just for Baby Brother.
 
Here are some of those sweet wishes.  But you want to see the one that really, truly made me cry??

I am so glad I asked cousin Chaney to write a note to the baby. He really worked hard on it.

Dear Baby Grover, 
I just can't wait for you to enter the world.
I hope you'll become best friends with Nolan (who was born that very morning).
Even though I'm 10, we can still be friends.
Love, Chaney

 You can bet I'm keeping this one forever and ever.
This is Baby Brother's very own ABC book. Everyone was asked to draw a little picture so Meliss can put it in the book for baby. Claire was so sweet. She went through all the drawings, made sure we had pictures for every single letter and drew a ton of pictures to complete the alphabet drawings. The book was darling before it even had anything in it, I can't wait to see the finished product! What a special treat for Baby Brother!

 And then there were the games!  
Guess how many birdie eggs
 This was a really fun one that I hadn't ever seen before.  Everyone sculpted a baby with play-doh. And I had to pick the one I liked most for the winner. We all had fun constructing our little babies.
We also played a couple other games - listing baby items from A-Z, which was more challenging than I thought it would be!  And, a complete the baby phrase game.  So fun!!

No comments: