Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween at Preschool

 I made 16 of these little babies last night. Didn't start until 10:30 or so. Thought it would be a fun treat for the kids.  Rice Krispie Ghosts (and pumpkins too, I just didn't get a pic of those ones)
 And here's my little elephant.  More than a month ago, Gabriela randomly announced she was going to be an elephant for Halloween "with big, fluffy ears, a long trunk, and ... those white things".  Girl knows what she wants. I tried showing her other costumes, just to make sure this was really what she wanted and to make sure she knew her options. She just got frustrated with me and said, "Mo-om!!! I already told you, I want to be an elephant!!!!"  I loved the idea, and immediately searched the internet for her costume.  The 3T/4T size was waaaay too short. Thank goodness Nana helped make the legs longer for her!!
 Here she is at preschool wishing us all a Happy Halloween as she paraded around outside with her classmates, it was cuteness overload.

 The kids recited a few Halloween rhymes after their parade and trick-or-treated from all the parents. Gabriela and I talked a lot about how we'd have to change out of her costume and I would have to keep her candy safe for her.  phew, no meltdowns at go-time.

And after an afternoon rest (for us both), she picked out a lollipop and requested a photo shoot. Here are the pics.



No comments: