Sunday, October 2, 2011

She finally asked...

Mommy, how IS Baby Brother going to get out of your tummy?

So I told her.  I told her my tummy is going to get really hard and slowly squeeze the baby out of my tummy, through a tunnel, and out of my vagina. And that it's going to hurt because it gets way bigger, but it's okay because we'll be happy to finally meet baby brother.

She asked me a few questions, like if that's how she came out and how DO we make our vaginas bigger, anyway.  I explained to her that your body just does it when it's time for the baby to come out.

Gabriela was totally cool with this explanation. I was expecting her to ask sometime soon, but wasn't really sure what I'd say. 

I think it went fairly well. I'm half way expecting her to start telling complete strangers how baby brother is going to make his grand entrance into this world. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wait until you go shopping. That's when she'll share this little tidbit with each and every person who asks when you're due. Maybe tell her other grown ups already know how the baby gets here so she doesn't need to tell them. ;] Good luck!

Mary Kay said...

Elena - thanks for explaining the process. I just told Mike too. We may have some questions for you later.

-Mary Kay