Monday, October 24, 2011

Our weekend

I remember clearly the last weekend that Lane and I had as just a couple before Gabriela was born.  We made a yummy bbq dinner, and thought we heard fireworks outside. So we went up to our rooftop to finish dinner, watched what seemed to be our own private fireworks show, he gave me a foot massage and we wondered together if it was our last weekend before our baby arrived.

I still technically have 19 days left until my due date.  So we might have a few more weekends as a family of three still, but this was sure a good one.

First, Lane stayed home on Friday morning so we could all take family photos together. I am so excited and can't wait to see how they turned out.  Late that afternoon, Gabriela and I took a trip to Lincoln Park together.  She wanted to play "chase" with me.  When I told her I couldn't run around, she suggested we play "slow chase". How could I refuse?   We ended the day with an impromptu potluck dinner with the neighbors.

Saturday morning we made pumpkin spice muffins and smoothies for breakfast.We were excited to take Gabriela to this kids Halloween carnival in Alameda, but Gabriela was super grumpy and we had to skip the carnival for family nap time.  It was a gorgeous day and we ended up meeting Heather and her family at Crab Cove for a late afternoon picnic, some frisbee, and beach fun.

Sunday morning Lane and Gabriela made pancakes together. Gabriela ate hers on a special Halloween plate and gobbled down ghost, witch, and pumpkin shaped pancakes. We hopped in the car and drove to Sacramento where we met our sweet and precious little nephew, Nolan.  After oohing and ahhing and snuggling that little cutie pie, we drove to a nearby pumpkin patch. Gabriela tired herself out in the bounce house and going down the slides, climbing pyramids of hay bales, a train ride, a corn maze, and picking out a pumpkin.  The sunset on Sunday was amazing. Gabriela was thrilled that it was made up of her favorite colors, pink and purple. She passed out around 6:45 and slept through the night.

It was a lovely family weekend together.  pictures coming soon.

No comments: