Thursday, February 12, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I figured since I took the time to put these together for Facebook, I may as well post them on the blog. But, now that I think about it, many of you have probably seen this list already. Oh well, I'm posting it anyway!

1. I always get Christmas ornaments from places I visit.

2. I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters and I love them to pieces…not to mention my 4 Bros in Law and 6 Sisters in Law. . . or my 4 nephews and 4 nieces and 1 more on the way! Love the big family.

3. I had a crush on Lane in 7th AND 8th grade and on and off all through high school.

4. Entertaining and feeding people is so satisfying for me. I am the hostess with the mostest.

5. For my work, I have traveled to Liberia, Sierra Leone, Switzerland, and Panama.

6. I thought of Gabriela’s name before I even told Lane I thought we were preggo or took a pregnancy test or knew the gender of our baby.

7. I am a total hippie – I tried the whole natural childbirth thing (it didn’t work after 3 plus days), am making Gabriela’s baby food, wear my baby all the time, am a recycle freak, don’t drink coffee or soda or eat junk or processed or fast foods. I actually put ground flaxseed in my homemade pasta sauce last night!

8. I have been in 5 plays – all with Lane. In our last adventure, we had to use British accents, and in one scene, I had to go on stage in just my bra and a little slip. So scandalous, I know.

9. We moved to Washington DC from California without ever having stepped foot on the east coast before. That took a lot of guts.

10. I am a crossword puzzle junkie.

11. I admit it. I’m nosy. That’s why it’s good that my job is to find people.

12. Typographical errors pop out at me like flashing red lights. I notice them everywhere!

13. Religion is not for me.

14. I am a compulsive list maker. I even make little check boxes so I can cross things off as I go. I am known to write things on my lists that I’ve already completed and immediately check them off, just so I feel like I’ve been more productive.

15. So far, I haven’t broken any bones.

16. I can fall asleep pretty much the instant I lay my head on the pillow. Speaking of sleeping, I nearly always fall asleep during movies and, like clockwork, wake up the instant the credits start.

17. I call my mom almost every day.

18. I, Elena the Over Achiever, once got a big fat F in college. . . in CERAMICS! In my defense, it was a beginners class and the teacher didn’t even provide any instruction. Everyone just started creating their masterpieces. I stopped going and didn’t actually drop the course. Whoopsies.

19. I love getting fun mail, one of the reasons I'm such a fan of the thank you note.

20. I know how to make tamales! My mom insists they don’t turn out right unless you say this “prayer” in Spanish. I’m not gonna lie – I say it! You just can’t take chances on tamales!

21. I don’t yell at anyone. ever.

22. I always notice the shapes of people’s eyebrows.

23. I was born with a collapsed lung

24. My favorite game is Cranium Pop5!

25. I have absolutely ZERO sense of direction. I can get lost no matter what. It’s a skill, really ;)

1 comment:

Mom said...

I must admit I share some of your traits (but not the one about religion not being for you).