Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cookin' Like Crazy

I don't know what it was, but I cooked like nobody's business this weekend. After whipping together a delicious smoothie Saturday morning, I decided to make chicken stock. Then I got inspired by my super cool Martha Stewart Baking Handbook and decided to make a Carrot Ginger cake. Holy Moly, did I discover my newest greatest weakness. The frosting on this cake is divine! It's a cream cheese/butter/powdered sugar frosting, but the secret ingredients are orange zest and 4 tsps of grated fresh ginger. YUM! That night I cooked pork tenderloin in a little balsamic vinegar and a dijon mustard and rosemary sauce, mashed potatoes, sauteed apples and cranberries and some roasted asparagus. Sean & Jess came over for this feast and brought another totally delish dessert - rice krispie treats, but with butterscotch chips and a layer of chocolate in the middle!

Today I made a lentil soup out of the chicken stock and cooked a pot roast with veggies and potatoes and, still inspired by my Martha Stewart cookbook, I made some buttermilk biscuits.

I love cooking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And, I might add, Saturday night's feast was insanely DELICIOUS! When I went to make lunch on Sunday, it was an incredible disappointment because it didn't consist of succulent pork tenderloin, melt-in-your-mouth mashed potatoes, sweet apples and cranberries, and creamy carrot cake (we'll leave out the asparagus here, because you know me and green vegetables).

When the Grovers cook, the world is a happy place.

Thanks, guys!

Mom said...

Guess who isn't counting calories! I remember the days. Yeah. Dad and I were both skinny way back when.