Monday, February 2, 2009

Warning, Readers! This Entry is All About POOP

What can I say?! Moms need to talk about poop once in a while. Gabriela is usually very thoughtful and saves most of her pooping for daycare, which – I’m not gonna lie – is especially appreciated now that she has started solid foods. But golly, she made up for all the non-poopy weekends this last one. That’s right, in a period of 24 hours our little angel graced us with not one or two, or even three or four, but FIVE poopy diapers. Come on, Gabriela we really didn’t miss them THAT much.

The best was this morning though. I had actually commented to Lane how proud I was of all of us for being ready as early as we were. We were actually AHEAD of schedule. I picked up Gabriela to give her to Lane so they could walk out the door when I smelled a little sumthin special. Not only had Gabriela managed to poop her pants first thing in the morning, it was a total diaper blow out – through two layers of clothing!! So we had to change her diaper, her whole outfit, and her changing pad cover, you know - the one I replaced yesterday. She then managed to kick the poopy diaper out of my hand which resulted in her getting it onto her little foot and leg… and me - I even had to change my shirt. Ewww. So much for being early, or even on time.

And this was how our Monday morning started!

2 comments:

banananutmeg said...

in three short months you will get the "crawling away during the diaper change" it makes changing da poop so exciting it could be an olympic event.

5 poops in one day-what are you feeding her?! Is she getting teeth? my kids poop like crazy and get rosy red cheeks when they teethe.

Unknown said...

i remember those days. Now Mina just runs away went it's diaper changing time. I guess she likes being stinky.